Reshaping Europe after the Election to the European Parlament on May 26th, 2019.
1. Public service is a form of civic engagement and has its origins in a personal awareness of conflict.
2. It is inspired by a vision or dream which is attractive and empowering.
3. It involves personal interaction with people in a context of conflicting views and interests.
4. It ‘happens;’ i.e it is never experienced purely on ‘our’ terms and can leave us bewildered and discouraged.
5. If we are to serve, and not just react to the world around us, we need to stop and reflect on what we have seen and heard and its impact on our own lives.
6. The calling to public service is nurtured by conscientious living which involves three steps:
a. Attending to social realities which we find troubling.
b. Engaging in conversation with others about these realities.
c. Forming networks of solidarity and action in the light of this conversation.
If you are interested to participate, please contact email@example.com for obtaining the program and the inscription form.
Photo by Jay Lee on Unsplash
The Swiss Jesuits cordially invite you to attend Holy Mass at 10 a.m. in the Jesuit Church of Lucern and to meet Father General at the aperitif following Mass.